CHRIST CENTRAL

COMMUNITY CHURCH

P.O. Box 1286

Franklin, WV 26807

 

304-668-1180 mobile

304-567-2020 home

PastorSamHarper@gmail.com

© 2020 Christ Central Community Church

CHURCH HISTORY
OUR STORY OF GROWTH & LOVE

The beginning of Christ Central Community Church, started with our founding pastor, Reverend Edgar Null, who arrived to Pendleton County from Parkersburg, WV in 1962, alongside his wife, Nancy.

 

Reverend Null served as pastor to three churches in the Evangelical United Brethren Church. When the Evangelical United Brethren denomination merged with the Methodist denomination in 1968, two more churches were added to the original three in his charge. He served this five church charge until 1973.

During his pastorate with the Evangelical United Brethren Church, Rev. Null felt strongly that the Lord had called him to establish a local church without any affiliation to a specific denomination. After some intense soul-searching & prayer, Rev. Null began Christ Central Community Church in 1973, after meeting with a group of people who likewise felt a spiritual calling for an independent church. This new congregation met in the Wilson Chapel on Jake Hill Road (near Upper Tract), while a new church was being built at its present location.

On the fourth Sunday in June (1974), the Christ Central Community Church held its first worship service in their new building. This fourth Sunday in June became the anniversary Sunday of the Christ Central Community Church.

 

The church grew & thrived under Rev. Null's direction & it remains today as a testimony to his faith & Christian service. Upon his retirement as pastor of Christ Central in 2004, the congregation called Sam Harper to this pastorate, where he now serves.

Reverend Null passed into Heaven on October 7, 2009. We are beyond grateful for the direction of the Holy Spirit & the dedication of Reverend Edgar Null, our founding pastor at Christ Central Community Church.